Home World Netanyahu vows to continue strikes on Gaza

Netanyahu vows to continue strikes on Gaza

4 min read
0
0
50

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel will “continue to strike terror targets” in the Gaza Strip after a week of fighting with Palestinian militants.

Netanyhau met with leaders from the IDF and the country’s security services, saying in a video statement that the IDF was “doing well.” “Today (the IDF) has eliminated another senior Islamic Jihad commander, we have hit the Hamas naval unit, and we continue to strike at the underground medium, the Hamas ‘metro,’ and there are other targets.

In an address after meeting with top defence officials, Netanyahu said that Israel will “continue to operate as long as necessary in order to return calm and security to all Israeli residents of Israel.”

The Israeli military unleashed another heavy wave of airstrikes Monday on the Gaza Strip, saying it destroyed militant tunnels and the homes of nine Hamas commanders.

International diplomacy to end the fighting that has killed hundreds appeared to be making little headway.

 

The Israeli military pounded Gaza with airstrikes on Monday, saying it was targeting the homes and infrastructure of the Palestinian militant group Hamas, as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed “to continue to strike at the targets of terrorism.”

The Hamas-run Gaza Ministry of Health said 212 people had been killed and 1,400 others injured since violence flared last week, in what has become the most serious Israeli-Palestinian confrontation in years. Sixty-one children and 36 women are among the dead, the ministry said.
Meanwhile, Hamas rocket fire from Gaza has killed at least 10 people in Israel, including two children, since the start of the flareup, according to the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).
On Monday, a fresh barrage of rockets from Gaza once again set off sirens and sent Israelis fleeing into bomb shelters in Ashdod, Ashkelon and Beer Sheva. At least one residential building in Ashdod was hit, the IDF said. Three people were slightly injured, according to the Israeli Red Cross.
The Israel Defense Forces on Sunday released photos purporting to show Hamas rocket installations and tunnel entrances placed in close proximity to civilian infrastructure like hospitals and schools. The IDF said that “Hamas deliberately and systematically places military targets within the civilian population, exposing their citizens to danger.”
Load More Related Articles
Load More By News Desk
Load More In World

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

Israel-Gaza violence: US President calls for ceasefire

US President Joe Biden has voiced his support for a ceasefire after eight days of violence…